Monday 10 November 2014

Haul & Review: Makeup Revolution

Makeup Revolution Haul! (again)


Guys, it happened again. All I can say is that following Makeup Revolution on instagram is dangerous.



Blushes in Treat and Now! also eyeshadow in Blow your Whistle - All £1.00

Left: Treat / Right: Now!
 I adore these blushes, they are candy coloured nuggets of heaven. They have a slight shimmer which gives the cheeks just the right amount of glow, the colour translates more natural than these swatches show but create a youthful pop of colour to the cheeks. I could not recommend these more for £1!

Atomic Serpent Lipstick


Make Me Tonight atomic lipstick

Make It Right atomic lipstick


L-R: Make Me Tonight, Atomic Serpent, Make it Right - £1.00 each
If you know me then you know that I love a bold lip, I wear purples and reds daily and a constantly on the look out for the next best thing. Personally pinks bore me at the moment so when MR came out with the atomic collection I knew I had to have them. Make me tonight is a dark brown colour which is so on the 90s trend and is possibly a Kylie Jenner lip colour. Atomic Serpent is just amazing. Look at it. It's so out there but wearable at the same time - it's not a sickly green, it's a mystical forest green, beautiful! Lastly Make it right is a deep blue-purple with an iridescence to it, it makes lips look juicy and is so opaque!
If you are feeling daring but dont want to fork out for RIRIXMAC or MELT then these are 100% the way to go.


The One Blush Sticks in Matte Malibu and Matte Dream



Left: Matte Malibu / Right: Matte Dream - £5.00
 One of my favorite things about Makeup Revolution is that they are SO on trend compared to most drugstore brands (how long after the Clinique Chubby Sticks did we end up seeing anything similar in superdrug?) These Blush sticks are very similar to a fairly recent launch by Nars (the Nars Multiples) in packaging, colour range and texture. Both brands explain that the sticks can be used wet for a sheer application or straight from the bullet for a more pigmented finish. I adore these little beauties, I think they look expensive and you get alot of product for the money (although I should mention that they are on the pricier end of the scale for MR). 
The sticks come in matte and shimmer versions of each colour, matte malibu is amazing for bronzing the face in a very kardashian-esque way (we've all seen that photo) basically I love these and want them all!


Pro Fix Makeup Setting Spray - £5.00
 I recently finished my Urban Decay All Nighter and didn't really feel like splurging on the £19.50 price tag (even though I love it) and when I saw this baby on the NEW! section of MR's website I figured I would see how it compared. The first thing I noticed was the smell... and not in a good way. It smells like a chemical lab, however the odour doesn't linger and doesn't take away from my overall happiness with the product. It sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my face matte all day. I would definitely recommend this especially if you have oily skin. I just need them to come out with a dewy version that smells of roses and I will be happy!
I <3 Makeup I tint my brows in Light Medium - £2.99


 I already have the lightest shade in this collection which I use for the front of my brows, however I found that it was too light for the arch and the tail of my brow and almost looked chalky. So I bought one shade darker to use in conjunction with the lighter one. I LOVE this combo as the gel really holds my brows in shape as well as giving a nice amount of colour. I usually use this over Mac Omega but for more natural days I use this on its own and its looks gorgeous! My only complaint is that the spoolie could be a little smaller for better prescision.

Sidenote - these are basically waterproof, I have had all my makeup rained off or sweated off but found that my brows are still looking banging!


Romantic Smoked Palette
 The first thing that attracted me to this palette is the amount of matte shades that you get -  most cheaper palettes have a majority of shimmers as they are easier to formulate successfully. I also love the plummy shades and the fact that there is an inner corner highlight shade and a great medium brown to use as a transition shade.



 This palette would be fantastic for people with green eyes as it would really make the green pop.

Iconic 1 Palette
Obvioulsy this palette is meant to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette (I have Naked 2 and 3 but not the first of the franchise). The colours are the spitting image of the UD shades and at a bargain £4 these palettes are such a great option if you like the look of the UD palette but don't want to fork out £36, or if you don't wear eyeshadow that often. 


As you can tell from the swatches these colours are what I have come to expect from Makeup Revolution - which is pigmented, creamy and long lasting. The matte shades blend out beautifully on my crease and the shimmers stay beautiful and bright throughout the day. 

I am so impressed with Makeup Revolution, and a confirmed addict. I think they are innovative and not trying to rip people off. 

Would you like to see swatches of the products on?

lots of love, meg xx



No comments:

Post a Comment