Monday 21 July 2014

Haul! (Boots, Superdrug and River Island)

So I went to Superdrug and Boots yesterday and bought a few things, mainly related to hair and nails. here is what I bought... (oops)


 I am starting a new job soon and my old bag was very small and had gotten very messy after a muddy Glastonbury so I needed a new, big, clean and professional looking handbag - and where better to look than River Island?! I ADORE this bag (but not the £45 price tag) I allow myself one new RI bag per year and this is this years!
The dress is from Blue Inc and I adore the monochrome houndstooth print and the peter pan collar - a steal at £15.00 (though I believe it is now in the sale for £10)

 All nail products were on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots (which is still on I believe) and I wanted some new nails for my Grad Ball which was this week. 
  • Elegant Touch Super Adhesive Tabs - £2.49
  • Elegant Touch Brush on Nail Glue - £3.10 
  • Elegant Touch  Totally Bare Stiletto false nails - £4.65
I swear by this combination, I apply the nails with the tabs and then when they inevitably pop off at some point over the following few days I reapply them with the glue - this combo seems to give the nails the super stickiness of the glue along with the flexibility of the tabs, meaning that my nails stay on for at least a week. I also love that these stiletto nails come paint free - meaning that I can colour them with any polish I like and even change colours during the week. I opted for a powder blue when I wore them, as seen below.

Superdrug also had a 3 for 2 offer on and I picked up some cheap goodies.
  • MUA Matte Perfect Top Coat -£2.00
  • MUA Super Strength Polish Base Coat - £2.00
  • 2True Fast Dry Nail Polish Shade 15 - £1.99
  • Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops Clear - £5.99
The MUA basecoat is great for the price, but the matte topcoat has an awful gloopy, almost grainy texture and doesn't work at all. (Though it is possible that it is a problem with the specific bottle I bought). The Bourjois nail drops are fantastic, one drop over the nail and the polish dries on top - though you do have to still be careful as just the top layer dries and it is still possible to dent the polish or to rub it all off.


These nails are the Elegant Touch Stiletto nails paired with the 2True polish. LOVE. (please excuse the messiness, this was pre-cleanup)
Being a bottle blonde I find it difficult to keep my hair root free as well as banishing the brassy tones from my locks. I found myself at Blue Banana and decided to pick up the Directions White Toner and the Manic Panic Amplified colour in Virgin Snow, the prices were significantly less in Blue Banana than online so I would recommend popping in if you are looking for these. I also bought the L'Oreal hair dye in Stockholm as it is my absolute favourite for doing my roots, I only need one application to go from dark brown to bright blonde. Amaze! 
  • Directions White Toner - available here for £5.49
  • Manic Panic Amplified Virgin Snow - £12.99
  • L'Oreal Preference in Stockholm - £6.99

I then popped into B&M Bargains (one of my all time favourite shops for house bits and bobs) and found these amazing jars for £1.49 and £1.99 respectively! They are the perfect size for my jewellery and will be taking pride of place on my dresser once I am properly moved to Bristol.







.
Here is my FOTD wearing the Blue Inc dress. 
Lots of love, Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment